LREC has a strategic role to work with and unify other organisations, groups and communities who share our aims. Together we seek to identify, challenge and re-address all forms of prejudice and discrimination. Some of the partnerships ELREC is currently involved with are as follows:
- Edinburgh’s Hate Crime Strategic Development Group (HCSDG)
- Children & Families Services Equality Monitoring and Implementation Group
- East & Midlothian Community Planning Equality Forum
- SESTran Equalities Forum
- Scottish Enterprise Equal Opportunities External Advisory Group
- West Lothian Public Partnership Forum for Health and Care Services
ELREC can assist individuals/organisations for the following:
- Develop a Equality Scheme or Equal Opportunities Policy
- Deliver Equality and Diversity Training
- Assist with impact assessment
- Conduct consultations or Focus Groups with communities and Protected Characteristics* groups.
* The nine Protected Characteristics in the Equality Act of 2010 are age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.