As a volunteer you can give your time and skills and get something back in return, whether it is learning new skills, helping to build confidence, having the chance to meet new people, or gaining the satisfaction of helping a cause you believe in.
Volunteering with ELREC is a great way to develop your skills, meet new people and work as part of an enthusiastic team. Volunteering is a process of exchange. The people who volunteer for ELREC are an exciting, dynamic and diverse group who share a willingness to contribute their time and talent towards promoting equality and fighting discrimination. How you contribute – and how much time you contribute – differs from person to person. We’re always looking for helpful and reliable volunteers, so why not make good use of your skills, get involved and join our volunteering team?
- help make our events a success
- gain experience
- help raise awareness about our organisation and objectives
- raise funds and awareness in your area
- get involved in your community
- use your skills at our office
- help with producing campaign materials (We need specialist skills, such as photography, graphic design, web design, writing, editing and filming)
- …. and much much more!
As an organisation with a small staff base, volunteers are key to the daily functioning of the organisation. We recruit volunteers for the following areas of work:
- Research and Fundraising
- Community Engagement
- Youth Development
- Law Volunteers for Support/ Advice service (for volunteers with a experience or academic background of Law)
Why volunteer for ELREC?
Apart from wanting to work with others towards promoting equality and fighting discrimination, people are motivated to work for ELREC for different reasons:
- Students – course placement or work experience
- Between jobs – a couple of months to spare before starting a new job
- Retirement – making good use of years of expertise
- Special interest/skill – which can make a valuable contribution to ELREC
- Spare time – a few hours a week to get involved in something different and rewarding
Whatever your reason is, we would love to hear from you!