Ethnic minority communities take action on Climate Change.
NEWS: Communities for Conservation wins first ever Climate Challenge Fund Award 2017
Funded by the Scottish Government’s Climate Challenge Fund, the Communities for Conservation project aims at inspiring Ethnic Minority (EM) communities in Edinburgh and Livingston to reduce their carbon footprint through energy saving, cycling and waste reduction activities. The project won the Climate Challenge Fund Award for the Energy Category in November 2017 and CEMVO’s Environmental Impact Award in 2016.
Join our activities!
-Book a Home Energy Advice Visit to save energy at home and become more energy efficient.
– Participate in our cycling classes to learn how to ride a bike.
– Take part in our social bike rides and unlock the joy of cycling.
– Bring your clothes to our clothing repair and alteration service.
– Join our community gardening groups in Edinburgh.
– Get involved in our workshops, film screenings, and events.
– Volunteer with us to help run the project.
– Meet with like-minded people at our Edinburgh Sustainable Meet up.
Activities are free or on a donation basis. You can see our upcoming activities and events by clicking here.
You can read our annual reports here:
Communities for Conservation is funded and supported by:
ELREC, 14 Forth Street Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH1 3LH United Kingdom February 11, 2019, 12:30 pm - February 11, 2019, 2:00 pm
ELREC, 14 Forth Street Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH1 3LH United Kingdom February 11, 2019, 9:30 am - February 11, 2019, 5:00 pm
NKS, NKS, 7 Gillespie St Edinburgh, EH3 9NH United Kingdom February 9, 2019, 10:00 am - February 9, 2019, 1:00 pm
Adam House, Basement cinema room, 3 Chambers Street Edinburgh, EH1 1HT United Kingdom February 6, 2019, 6:00 pm - February 6, 2019, 8:30 pm